11/20/2006

Happy Anniversary

So yesterday was our first anniversary...and we spent it apart. I flew back from PA to NC at 10:15 in the morning. We did go out to eat the night before and enjoyed some of our wedding cake then as well. It was actually surprisingly still quite delicious. Once I got back to the house, I noticed Albert was rather chilly and that the house seemed cold. I glanced at the thermometer in the living room and realized it was 51 degrees!! Lovely, a broken heater on a Sunday afternoon. Luckily we don't own our house, so I called the handy landlady and she called someone. The heater man came, but had to order some parts, so I settled in for a chilly evening. It actually wasn't that terrible. I put a few extra blankets on the bed and survived the night. I know there were other things I wanted to write...but of course when I sit down to write they escape me. One thing...we got this catalog in the mall this past week and boy are there some special things in it. Honestly I have no idea who in the world buys some of the things they sell. They have some of the most hideous shoes I have ever seen. Seriously you must click on the links to see that I am not being totally ridiculous. Matt and I took a bunch of photos of the kids this weekend, but I don't feel like adding them to the post, so click on over to flickr to see them. Has anyone made photo books from either snapfish, shutterfly, photoworks, or some other company? I am working on a project for Christmas and was wondering which company makes the best. I am reading a very interesting book. It is called the Bookseller of Kabul and is about a family living in Afganistan. It really is showing a completely different world, that I really knew very little about. It is a pretty easy read, but also fasinating.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yay...I can't believe it has been a year already! Happy First Anniversary :) :)