11/22/2006
second career
Yes it is a little early in life to be considering a second career...but I am thinking towards the future. One thing I would like to do is become a paid photographer. I wouldn't say professional, because I really probably will never have any real training and I am not sure you can become a professional of any kind without official training. Ok maybe you can, but anyways, I don't have enough confidence in my abilities to call myself professional.
Most who know me know that I really want to be able to be a stay-at-home mom, at least while my kids are young. So assuming we can mostly afford to have me not working when the time comes, I would like to take wedding and family pictures on the side to bring in a little extra money, and because I enjoy it. So I figured I kind of need to get working on getting some jobs and that requires me to get a portfolio in order. I really would like to be a second shooter for a photographer at first, just to learn the ropes a little more before jumping out on my own. I have been offered two jobs, but they were in Alabama and Maryland, and since we don't live in either of those states, it would be a little hard to work for those guys. So in order to try and get myself out there, I am working on a portfolio. First of wedding pictures and then from there maybe on portraits as well...we shall see. So I have started compiling pictures from the last few years. So far I have only gone through a few weddings, but I want to know what you think. I have picked out my favorites from these few weddings and want feedback. Which pictures do you love? hate? think are just ok? Many of those who read this have seen plenty of wedding pictures taken by me...so maybe you have a favorite in your head. Tell me what it is please! Please click here to see the gallery. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a great goal to have and I think you'd be great and have a ton of fun too. I love your pictures, and would like to see a little more b&w and some sepia toned ones too. I know those types were my favorites from my wedding. Love the super-close ups of faces, the kids and the fact that you caught a lot of emotions with the candid shots.
Post a Comment