1/01/2007

Happy New Year!

Well after a nice absence from this here blog, I am back. Sometime soon I will do a recap of the holiday break, but for now I will talk about some new year's resolutions. Normally I am not one to have resolutions at the new year, but I think I will give it a shot this year. Plus I have a lot of things that I want to do and maybe if I actually write it down, it will help me remember what I wanted to accomplish. I think I might even print it out and hang it up, so I am constantly reminded of my goals. Many of things I want to do are more like goals, than resolutions. 1. Get at least two paying photography jobs (jobs being one particular photo shoot). Hopefully I won't be begging friends at the end of the year to hire me to take some pictures. Lately I feel like I have gotten worse as a photographer, and so I really want to try and improve. There are many more photo related things that I want to get done...one to become a better photographer, by taking more photos, two to put together a portfolio. I am working on a portfolio, but I still have a long ways to go on it. 2. Get more organized around the house. I hope to complete one room a month, that way in a few months things will be much better around here. Part of this is also to minimize the crap we have in the house. I am a packrat and grow very attached to things, so I am hoping to get rid of at least some of the stuff in the house in order to prepare to move sometime in the future. 3. To get in better shape. I was pretty good for part of last year about going to the gym, but at some point I just got bored and annoyed with the gym, so I stopped going. I have an Ipod full of Season 2 of The Office and hopefully that will keep me focused for at least a few weeks. 4. Send more snail mail. Everyday when I come home I look forward to getting the mail, and I figure maybe there are others out there that love mail as much as I do, so I shall try to brighten their days. 5. Learn to do something new. I think I want this to be sewing, but I don't know if that will happen, so maybe it will turn out to be something else. Any other suggestions? 6. Lastly, Matt thought it would be a good idea to make a resolution for each other. He picked that I would keep my purse/wallet more organized and orderly. Hopefully that can happen. I picked for him to help more around the house, with boring chores. We shall see where we end up with these. Anyone have any good resolutions?

No comments: