12/19/2006

Christmas goodies

Last night we went to the Engineering School Christmas Party. The food was delicious. Basically we ate and left. I don't know many of the faculty, especially from other departments and they all know each other, so I figured might as well let them chat. We tried to take a picture of ourselves before we left, but I stacked the camera on top of something wobbly and so it wouldn't stay focused. I should have gotten the tripod out, but that was too much work. So here is our out-of-focus Christmas picture. When we got home I made the rest of the treats to go on the platters. Here is some final result pictures: I made snickerdoodles, chocolate chip - butterscotch chip cookies, wheat thin yummies, chocolate dipped preztels, and fruit loop yumminess. If you are looking for easy and yummy desserts, I suggest the wheat thins and the fruit loop stuff. The wheat thin yummies (my made up name) are wheat thin sandwiches with peanut butter in the middle. You just dip them in melted white bark (kind of like white chocolate), put them on wax paper, sprinkle some sprinkles on top and let them dry. The fruit loop yumminess is just fruit loops, preztels, and popcorn (usually I put in peanuts as well, but they are my least favorite, so I just left them out). Place all the yumminess in a brown paper bag (a regular plastic trash bag works as well, but not great since you are going to pour hot white bark, which can melt the bag). Pour a bunch of melted white bark over and shake! Dump it all out on wax paper and let it dry. Then eat it all up. My favorite part is the popcorn!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

1) Was the party at Heart's Ease?

2) Nice beard!