4/25/2007
Trash the dress
There is this great website that I found recently. It is called Trash the Dress. Basically the idea is that you are only going to wear your wedding dress once and that your children won't want to wear it so why bother storing it in a closet for the next 50 years when you can take some totally awesome pictures to remember it by. I am not so sure I want to do this with my own dress, because I am still holding out hope that I will find somewhere to wear it even though there is no wear acceptable to actually wear it and it probably wouldn't fit me anyways, but I really want someone to do it, so I can take some lovely pictures. So anyone up for it? Most of you don't even live nearby, so I doubt it, but worth a shot right?
P.S. If someone wants to participate doesn't feel gutsy enough to trash their own dress, we could certainly buy a cheap one from a thrift store or ebay and do it that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My dress is in the trunk of my car. That's pretty trashy. But it is in a drycleaner's bag, so maybe not so trashy. Also, I must say I was a bit disappointed - I had visions of paint and mud being thrown at brides and some multi-colored sharpie doodling action. Alas, I would perhaps rename the website "makeoutwithyourhusbandinpubliconthebeachinyourweddingdress.com" or some such thing. As for my dress, I hear you about the re-wearing, and I thought it might be funny to volunteer to chaperone prom and wear it and make Steve wear his suit. Then again, that might just be dorky.
I am totally up for mud and paint throwing, apparently most people aren't into that though. I personally like the ones of the bride by herself because there isn't all the make out on the beach stuff. You should totally wear your dress to the prom. My dress is in a box. Although I am still not convinced it is even my dress. When we picked it up from the dry cleaners it was in a sealed box, so for all I know I have some random box of crap.
I too was envisioning painting and mud-throwing, but also more destructive mythbusters-type stuff like blowtorches and chainsaws. Alas, I was disappointed and not entirely comfortable with what I found at the link.
Heather made her wedding dress; so, I'm kinda leaning towards never messing with it ever. But perhaps I am overly sentimental.
MG, agreed on the prom thing, both on its dorkiness and that you should definitely do it. Better yet, wear your wedding attire, but paint your faces KISS-style.
Post a Comment