4/15/2007
Adventures or something
So you want to hear a story? I bet you do, things have been boring lately, but today something exciting finally happened.
We were on our drive back from the DC area and stopped at a gas station. Ahead of us is a black Lincoln Navigator. The Navigator pulls in to the gas stall and we pull in behind him, he goes to the front pump, we go to the back pump. Matt puts the car in park, turns off the car and starts to get out of the car. His hand is on the door handle, when I notice the Navigator is in reverse and moving backwards. So I reach over and slam on the horn for about 5 seconds. He stops. Then starts backing up again, I hit the horn again and he keeps on coming and hits us. We get out of the car, slightly annoyed, but not too angry. He gets out of the car. Matt says "You hit my car." Mr. Navigator says "This pump didn't have 93 octane gas." He then tells us we whipped in behind him and that is why he didn't see us. Recall we had already put the car in park and turned the engine off. I explain this to him. He doesn't seem to care and just says "this pump didn't have 93 gas." Apparently that is a reason to back up and hit someone. Finally he goes back into his car to move it off of our bumper. He gets back out and says "there can't be any damage." Nevermind the fact that he has a big Navigator and we have a small Saturn.
Before I totally loose my temper I go to the car and get the credit card so I can start pumping gas while Matt continues the conversation with the man. He keeps trying to blame us. Matt explains that we honked the horn, he says he didn't hear it, Matt says there must be something wrong with your car if you can't hear the horn inside. He invites Matt to come in and listen, he declines. Navigator man asks what we want, do we want to call the cops or something. Matt says he wants an apology. He says he already gave us one...hmm...did you miss that apology, cause I certainly did. He goes to get in his car and says "You can kiss my a**," and drives away. The end.
We think he heard the horn and just really didn't care because he is bigger than us and so hit us on purpose. He had big car jerk disease.
P.S. there is a mark on our car.
P.P.S. Matt says "There will finally be something interesting on your blog."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Big cars are stupid. Especially Navigators. BIGGEST waste of money!
Post a Comment