1/06/2007

Friday night excitement

Just to prove we might really be closing in on our 80s: Last night we went to Big Lots, our new favorite store, and bought a puzzle. Then we came home and worked on it. But don't you worry, we waited to go to Big Lots until after Wheel of Fortune. Today we out to lunch with a friend and then went to a few furniture stores. We are currently looking for a couch. We found one we like at Rooms To Go, but haven't definitely decided on it. We are looking for reasonably cheap, not ugly, and comfy. I would like to be able to get the loveseat as well, but I don't think it will fit in our current living room. But if we really are moving in the next year or so, should we just get it and find a way to make it work here and hope it fits wherever we move? Tonight I made a roast chicken. It turned our alright, nothing spectacular. I also made some granola, my first attempt at that. I haven't tried any yet as it is still cooling, but hopefully it tastes yummy. Oh...I was really annoyed by something recently. Last week when we were at the hospital for Katie's surgery, we were watching the tv in the waiting area. They shut off a bowl game to show us the PRIVATE funeral of President Ford. The family asked for one day of privacy to have their own service at their church and the media is there trying to show it to us. They were clearly very far away from the church because you could tell they were zoomed in because the camera was bouncing a little. And all they showed was the casket being brought into the church and leaving the church I think. I think I would be really pissed off if that was my family member. I think it just shows how intrusive and rude the media can be. And this wasn't some po-dunk channel, it was CBS (I think, is that what Katie Couric is on now?).

No comments: