10/22/2006

State Fair

On Saturday, after a lazy afternoon, we decided to head to the NC State Fair. Once we got there and found some parking, I dropped my camera when we were getting out of the car. Lovely. I turned the camera on and it couldn't focus. I had broken the lens. Luckily I had brought my other lens. I was a bit disappointed, but not too much since the lens that broke only costs about $80, so I figured I could buy another. I was just glad that the camera didn't break. So I popped the other lens on and off we went. We were hoping to go to the Demolition Derby, but worried it might be sold out. Once we got into the Fair, we started heading over to the Grandstand to see if there were tickets available. There were!! I was pumped. I had never seen a Demolition Derby. We sat there for a while waiting for it to start. Finally it started. It was great, I loved it! Of course I took a bunch of pictures. After the derby we wandered around some and got some more food. Throughout the evening we had a pretzel, corndog, corn on the cob, fried oreos, and some delicious root beer. Matt let me stop and wait for the ferris wheel to load so that I could get the picture I wanted. So nice of him. Then after pictures we headed home. There were plenty of other things that I wanted to see, but we didnt have time, maybe next year. We watched the fireworks from the parking lot. Below are some of the pictures I took, the rest are here.

No comments: