9/19/2006
Matt
Ken &/or Jeni requested that Matt have a hobby. Maybe they are trying to tell me this site is boring, and frankly it is. If Matt would post, he would have much more interesting to say mainly because he has a bigger imagination than I do.
Lately Matt's hobbies have been working on his presentations for some silly conference in Canada and working on the scooters. K & J requested "Something with a high probability of spectacular failure (fire, explosions, police chases, etc.) would be best as it would really liven things up." Well scooter repair, at least in our house, has a high probability of failure. In fact just last week I was driving down the road on my way to school and I smelled gas. At the first traffic light it was rather faint, at the next it was a bit stronger, but I thought it must be the car behind me. Finally at the third light I decided to pull a bit forward and look underneath the scooter, and sure enough there was a nice pool of gas below me. (At this point most smart people would probably stop driving and figure out what to do, but not me). I went to the nearest gas station, really only about 2 or 3 more blocks. From there I called Matt, hoping he had either not left the house yet or would somehow hear his cell phone ring while on his scooter. He heard it and headed over to the gas station. I then took his scooter to work since I had to be there at a certain time that day. Matt filled up the tank and started heading home. Apparently I made it seem like it was a small leak, but Matt says gas was gushing everywhere. So, he headed to Nik's house, which is rather close to the gas station we were at. That is where the scooter sat for a week. Apparently the fuel line had a large cut in it and also was rock hard.
Matt is hopefully going to ride the scooter home this evening after basketball. Now for the fire portion of the post!!! Matt asked me what I would have done if it caught on fire...I said I had a plan to just bail. He seems to think this is not such a good idea and that I should have come to a stop on the side of the road and then gotten off. Honestly, I'm pretty sure if my butt is on fire I will jump right off, but maybe Matt wouldn't.
I thought of another fire story...A few weeks ago we were making ribs. First we baked them in the oven for a couple of hours, then we were going to grill them. Matt put them on the grill and then came inside. He asked me to check on them to tell him how long to leave them on the grill. I didn't think he meant I needed to check immediately, but in a few minutes. Matt was on the phone with his dad and went to check on the ribs. Apparently when he opened the grill flames were shooting everywhere! He told his dad "grease fire" and hung the phone up. I am pretty sure his parents thought that we had burned our house down since he didn't specify where the fire was. Anyways, just a few burned ribs and everything is fine.
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's more like it!
I hope you wear a helmet in case you have to divest yourself of the scooter in transit.
Also, aim for a bush. It might break your fall.
PS-(This is Ken)
Post a Comment