9/27/2006
favorites
I have been meaning to write a post about favorite websites (other than blogs) that I visit often. The other day one of my favorite blogs did a similar post, so I thought I would go ahead and do one myself. For this post I will do basic favorites, maybe in the future I will do favorite shopping or favorite something else.
1. craigslist -- For those of you out of the loop, craigslist is cool. Basically people in your local area list things that are for sale, rent, or that they want to buy. There is no listing fee and everything is local, so you can see it before you buy it. We have spent entirely too much money on craigslist on things like scooters, antennas, etc. Check it out!
2. flickr -- My new best friend. You can post pictures and look at pictures. I love to look at pictures, if you hadn't noticed that already. The one downfall I have found is that so many people use Photoshop to doctor their pictures. Me, I like pure pictures, taken just as they are.
3. bloglines -- For those of you who read lots of blogs, this site keeps you up-to-date on when folks have updated, so you don't have to stalk others. Plus if you are away from your computer and don't remember all the sites you want to check, you just login and there they are.
4. google -- I love google and gmail. Gmail is probably the best email I have ever had, in that I don't run out of space and that it has so many extra features, like the calendar and pictures thing and other things that I don't take advantage of. Soon enough I am sure google will take over the world.
5. slickdeals -- This is a great site for finding discounts and free stuff. My favorite part is the freebie forum. There is a lot of stuff that I don't want or need, but plenty I do. I have been checking in regularly for a few months and we have gotten a few free t-shirts, lots of samples, a rug cleaner pod, free bags of cat food and treats, and plenty of other random things. If you use this site I highly recommend creating a junk mail email account because you will get spammed a lot.
6. judy's book -- This is great for reading and writing reviews. Occasionally they will offer gift cards for writing reviews. Basically you write reviews and add people as friends, other people in your area write reviews about places you might want to go or products you might like to buy. I rather enjoy it. I have found a few new places to eat and such on here.
Well that seems like a good amount for today. Do you have any great websites that I am totally missing out on? Please send them my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good sites for 5 minutes of procrastination each morning:
Cats + Stuff = Funny
You can also add a "Today in History" thingy to your site with BrainyHistory
And the National Geographic Photo of the Day...
Don't forget about the I Saw You's or whatever they're called on craiglist, they're pretty sad/hilarious and always a good way to kill a lot of time.
Post a Comment